Monday 1 March 2010

Happy 1st B'day Nicholas

Hi Everyone,


It was my nephew's 1st b'day yesterday and I thought I'd share the card I made for him.


I've used the Animal Stories stamp set, yes, the obsession with this set continues, I promise I will post some cards using other sets soon....





Do you like the edging detail? Here's how I did it:

  • Using the scallop border punch, punch your border along the straight edges of your card

  • Now, go back over your border but instead of lining up the scallops on the silver scallop guideline on the punch, place each punched scallop in the middle of 2 scallops on the silver guideline; ie: for each rise of the punched scallop, place it on the silver scallop's valley or dip instead
  • You can create the same effect with the scalloped circle, except you use your scalloped circle punch upside down and can see the cutting blades to line up the 2nd scalloped circle.


Materials Used:
Stamp Set: Animal Stories, Sentiment: Riveting (retired hostess set)
Cardstock: Kraft, Kiwi Kiss, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Punches: Scallop border, scallop circle, 1 3/8 circle, 1 1/4 circle
Other: Navy Grosgrain ribbon, Versamark, Paper clip from Clips Assortment pack



Thanks for looking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails