Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy B'day Dianne!

Hi Everyone,

We have another family b'day on Friday - Dianne's and I thought I'd show you the gift I have been busy making over the last week (as well as preparing for my first Stamp 'n' Stack held yesterday but I'll tell you more about that later on).

So, I have been dabbling in decorating photo frames of late, and thought it would be a perfect present for Dianne. Here's some pics of what I've made:

This is the group shot:


Just the frames:


Just the card:



A closer pic of 2 of the frames (as you can see from the group shot, there are 2 frames the same):




And a close up of the Crystal Effect and Dazzling Diamond detail on the frames:


Sorry the red pic is a little blurry... Note to self: next time use the co-ordinating colour card stock and not whisper white to stamp letters... But in real life, you can't really see it... lol :)


Materials used:
  • Cardstock - Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
  • Designer Series Paper - Washington Apple (I love this paper, ever since I received a card from Lee-Anne)
  • Crystal Effects
  • Dazzling Diamonds
  • Big Deal Alphabet Stamp Set
  • Photo frames are from Ikea
  • Glued and glossed with mod-podge - a multi-use product avail at lots of craft stores and even hardwares and I wonder why I didn't buy some years ago...

All the photos may be a give away, but I was pretty proud of myself for making something 3D and also for starting (and finishing) a project before the day I needed it and doing! Ok, it was only finished Thursday but still, that's good for me! I've been known to dry Crystal Effects or similar with my hairdryer as I don't have a heat gun as yet - its on the wishlist.


Thanks for looking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails